HEAD OF SCHOOL
Role Overview of Seacoast Charter School Head of School:
He or she is responsible for the effective operation of the school, general administration of all instructional, business, or other operations of the schools. She or he will administer and supervise the school and its employees, lead development of educational program improvement, foster a culture of positive, engaged learners, and serve as a strong advocate for the school’s core mission and values–including developmental philosophy and parental involvement.
* Certified or certifiable as a principal in New Hampshire at the elementary/middle school level.
* Prefer a master’s degree or higher with a major in education.
* A minimum of five years teaching and/or administrative experience at the elementary/middle level.
* Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents and community.
* Ability to set standards of performance, coordinate, and evaluate the activities of all building personnel.
* Demonstrated success in the formulation and carrying out of policies, programs, and practices in prescribed areas.
* Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Hiring committee may find acceptable.
* Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions
* Empathetic and sociable
Job Goal: To provide the leadership necessary to promote the success of every student by ensuring management of the organization, operation, and resources for a safe, effective learning environment.
* Promotes effective instructional practices for students and teachers including instruction for students and consultative services for teachers.
* Building a school culture in which faculty are empowered in school wide decision making in the areas of their professional expertise.
* Nurture and sustain a culture of collaboration, trust, learning, and high expectations
* Supervises classroom instructional practices.
* Plans, organizes, and directs implementation of all school activities.
* Establishes and maintains an effective learning climate in the school.
* Assure the effective implementation of the school’s curriculum and assessments.
* Establishes programs, classes, and schedules to meet student needs.
* Establishes guidelines and fosters positive incentives for student behavior.
* Initiates, designs, and implements programs to meet specific needs of the school.
* Establishes and maintains favorable relationships with local community groups and individuals to foster understanding and solicit support for overall school objectives and programs; to interpret and implement Board of Trustees policies and administrative directives; and to discuss and resolve individual student problems.
* Implements and supervises the school’s Special Education Program, coordinates Special Education services and oversees the implementation of 504, ELL and curriculum accommodation plans.
* Coordinates or supervises such building support services as maintenance, security, financial and accounting functions.
* Prepares and submits the school’s budget and monitors expenditures of funds
* Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field.
* Maintains complete school records relating to enrollment, attendance, grading, health, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, cover letter, 3 letters of recommendation, transcripts and your written answer to the following question to: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
1. What qualities or experiences do you have that make you feel like you’ll be a good match for Seacoast Charter School?